Fattah Missile : Iran First-Ever Hypersonic Missile
Iran has recently unveiled its first-ever hypersonic missile, Fattah, which it says can penetrate missile defence systems and will give it a military edge
- Fattah Missile is an intermediate range ballistic missile developed by Iran.
- It can travel at hypersonic speeds of up to 15 times the speed of sound and can penetrate missile defence system.
- It has a range of 1,400 kilometres and uses solid propellants, allowing high manoeuvrability.
- This missile has the capability to utilize various warheads for different missions.
- Hypersonic missiles travel at speeds of at least Mach 5 — five times the speed of sound — and can manoeuvre mid-flight, making them harder to track and intercept.
- Unlike conventional ballistic missiles, hypersonic ones fly on a trajectory low in the atmosphere, enabling them to reach their targets more quickly and with less chance of being intercepted by modern air defences.