First-Ever MotoGP Bharat Grand Prix:
The first-ever MotoGP Bharat Grand Prix is set to take place at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- The MotoGP, or Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing, is the premier motorcycle championship in the world.
- It is the oldest motorsport championship in the world, with the first-ever annual competition being held in 1949.
- The governing body for MotoGP is the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM).
- It is a non-stop race from start to finish, without any pit stops.
- Each race lasts between 40 and 45 minutes over a distance of between 100 and 130 km, depending on the circuit.
- The 2023 season has 11 teams and 22 riders – two riders from each team.
- This season has 21 Grand Prix races in 2023 around the world. One of these locations this season is India.
- Moto GP Bharat this year will be hosted at the Buddh International Circuit in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is a five-kilometre-long track with a width of 12 metres.
- This track has 16 corners, 8 being left-hand corners and 8 being right-hand corners.
- The longest straight on this track is 1006 metres.