Rice Bran Oil:
Department of Food and Public Distribution E-launched “NAFED Fortified Rice Bran Oil”.
- Rice bran oil is the oil extracted from the hard outer brown layer of rice called chaff (rice husk). It is known for its high smoke point of 232 °C (450 °F) making it suitable for high-temperature cooking methods such as stir frying and deep frying.
- Rice bran oil has a composition similar to that of peanut oil.
- Rice Bran oil has multiple health benefits, including lowering cholesterol level due to its low trans-fat content and high mono unsaturated and poly unsaturated fat contents. It also acts as a booster and reduces the risk of cancer due to the high amount of Vitamin E it contains.
- This oil is recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) as one of the best substitutes for other edible oils.
- National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED) is an apex organization of marketing cooperatives for agricultural produce in India.
- It was founded on 2 October 1958.
- It is registered under Multi State Co-operative Societies Act.
- It is Headquartered in New Delhi.