First G20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) Meeting:
The first G20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) meeting under G20 India Presidency will take place in Pune, Maharashtra on 16th -17th January 2023.
- Theme: Financing Cities of Tomorrow: Inclusive, Resilient and Sustainable.
- The theme will focus on various facets of making cities economic centres of growth, financing urban infrastructure, building future-ready urban infrastructure, directing fiscal investments for unlocking private financing for energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable infrastructure and mitigating social imbalances.
- The meeting will be joined by the IWG member countries, guest countries and international organizations.
- The Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, and Government of India will host the two-day IWG meetings, along with Australia and Brazil as the co-chairs.
- The first IWG meeting in Pune would be attended by 65 delegates across the G20 membership, invitee countries and International Organizations.