75th Army Day:
The 75th Army Day will be a first-of-its-kind event, taking place outside Delhi ever since the celebrations started in 1949.
About Indian Army Day:
- India celebrates Army Day on January 15 every year to commemorate the achievements of the first Indian Commander in Chief of the Indian Army — General (later Field Marshal) K.M. Cariappa.
- The Army Day is celebrated every year to honor Cariappa and the defence forces.
- Until last year, the main Army Day parade was held at the Cariappa Parade ground in Delhi where Service Chiefs paid homage to the Indian Army.
- The Army Day Parade showcases the evolution of various weapon systems held in the Indian Army’s inventory.
- Soldiers are also awarded with Gallantry awards and Sena medals on the day.
- This year marks the 75th anniversary of Indian Army Day.
- As part of an initiative to take major events to other parts of the country, away from the national capital region, the 75th Army Day was held in Bengaluru this year.