First Ministerial Meeting Of The India-EU Trade And Technology Council:
The first Ministerial meeting of the India-EU Trade and Technology Council will be held in Brussels on 16th May.
- The meeting will be co-chaired on the Indian side by the Ministers for External Affairs, Commerce and Industry, and Communications, Electronics, and Information Technology.
- Trade and Technology Council was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of European Commission Ursula von der Leyen during Ms Leyen’s visit to India in April last year.
- Both sides established three Working Groups under the Council.
- These are Working Group on Strategic Technologies, Digital Governance, and Digital Connectivity, Working Group on Green and Clean Energy Technologies, and Working Group on Trade, Investment and Resilient Value Chains.
- Meetings of the three Working Groups have also taken place leading to the Ministerial meeting in Brussels.