13th Ministerial-Level Meeting Of India –US Trade Policy Forum:
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry of India and the US Trade Representative Ambassador co-chaired the 13th Ministerial-level meeting of India – US Trade Policy Forum (TPF) in Washington D.C.
- The India-US TPF aims to activate its working groups in the fields of agriculture, non-agriculture goods, services, investment, and intellectual property to meet frequently and address issues of mutual concern in a mutually beneficial manner.
- The idea is to deliver tangible benefits to both countries by resolving outstanding market access issues.
Highlights of the Meeting:
- The US welcomed India’s participation in the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF).
- Both the countries have like-minded views about the efficiency of IPEF for continued growth, peace, and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The Ministers welcomed the finalization of the Turtle Excluder Device (TED) design with the technical support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- The TED will help in minimizing the impact of fishing on sea-turtle populations.
- A new TPF Working Group on Resilient Trade was launched to help the officials deepen bilateral dialogue on a range of issues.