INS Hansa in Goa has become the very first Joint-User International Aerodrome in the South-Asia Pacific region to be augmented with the Required Navigation Performance (RNP) approach.
- This RNP approach will provide near Category-I ILS accuracies, thereby aiding unhindered flying operations even when the aforementioned equipment is unserviceable or under maintenance.
- INS Hansa is an Indian naval air station located near Dabolim in Goa.
- It is India’s biggest naval airbase and is home to the Indian Navy’s premier air squadrons.
- The base has a civil enclave that operates as Dabolim Airport.
- This naval air station has grown to become a full-fledged airfield that handles domestic and international flights around the clock.