First Women Inspector Generals Of CRPF:
For the first time in the history of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), two women officers reached the rank of Inspector General (IG).
- Two women officers who were recently promoted to the rank of Inspector General are IG Seema Dhundiya and IG Annie Abraham.
- While IG Seema Dhundiya will head the Bihar Sector of CRPF, IG Annie Abraham will head the Rapid Action Force (RAF).
- In 1986, the CRPF became the first Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) to induct women in combat.
- Both Seema Dhundia and Annie Abraham were in the first batch of women officers who were inducted into CRPF in 1987. They had illustrious careers over the years.
- IG Seema Dhundia is known for serving in highly sensitive areas across India.
- She actively participated in raising 2nd Mahila Battalion of the CRPF.