Foreign Direct Investment:
Singapore and USA have emerged as top 2 sourcing nations in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) equity flows into India in FY 2021-22 followed by Mauritius, Netherland and Switzerland.
- UNCTAD World Investment Report (WIR) 2022 has ranked India at 7th rank among the top 20 host economies for 2021, in terms of FDI.
- India received the highest annual FDI inflows of USD 84,835 million in FY 21-22, overtaking last year’s FDI by USD 2.87 billion.
In 2021, FDI inflows increased from USD 74,391 million in FY 19-20 to USD 81,973 million in FY 20-21.
Top 5 FDI Sourcing Nation:
- Singapore: 27.01%
- USA: 17.94%
- Mauritius: 15.98%
- Netherland: 7.86%
- Switzerland: 7.31%
- Computer Software & Hardware: 24.60%
- Services Sector (Fin., Banking, Insurance, Non Fin/Business, Outsourcing, R&D, Courier, Tech. Testing and Analysis, Other): 12.13%
- Automobile Industry: 11.89%
- Trading: 7.72%
- Construction (Infrastructure) Activities: 5.52%
- Karnataka: 37.55%
- Maharashtra: 26.26%
- Delhi: 13.93%
- Tamil Nadu: 5.10%
- Haryana: 4.76%
- FDI Equity inflow in Manufacturing Sectors have increased by 76% in FY 2021-22 (USD 21.34 billion) compared to previous FY 2020-21 (USD 12.09 billion).