NIA’s Operation Dhvast was a nationwide operation targeting terrorists, gangsters, and drug smugglers. It involved raids at 129 locations across multiple states, resulting in three arrests.
- The operation aimed to dismantle the terror nexus involved in targeted killings, terror funding, extortion, and smuggling of drugs and weapons.
- NIA(National Investigation Agency)
- It was founded in 31st Dec 2008; HQ: New Delhi; Under Home Ministry
- It is the primary anti-terror investigation task force of India.
- The agency is empowered to deal with the investigation of terror-related crimes across states without special permission from the states under a written proclamation from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It has the authority to take over cases from state police forces and other agencies.
- It seeks the sanction of the Central government for prosecuting accused individuals under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) and other scheduled offences.