Gram Manchitra : Ministry Of Panchayat Raj
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj introduced “Gram Manchitra,” a Geographic Information System (GIS) app.
- Additionally, the Ministry launched “mActionSoft,” a mobile-based solution for geo-tagging project assets.
- The primary goal of Gram Manchitra is to encourage spatial planning initiatives by Gram Panchayats, leveraging the capabilities of geo-spatial technology.
- The app supports the Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) by aiding decision-making.
- Unified GeoSpatial Platform: Gram Manchitra provides a single and unified platform, facilitating the visualisation of developmental projects and activities at the Gram Panchayat level.
- It enables Gram Panchayats to plan and execute developmental works across different sectors, fostering a holistic approach to rural development.
- Tools include project site identification, asset tracking, cost estimation, and project impact assessment.
- mActionSoft is a mobile-based solution, plays a crucial role in capturing geo-tagged photos with GPS coordinates for works with asset outputs.
- Assets undergo geo-tagging at three stages: before the commencement of work, during the work, and upon completion.
- This establishes a comprehensive repository of information on various works related to natural resource management, water harvesting, sanitation, agriculture, and more.
- Geo-Tagging: Panchayats geotag assets created under finance commission funds with photographs, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- The assets geo-tagged using mActionSoft seamlessly integrate with Gram Manchitra, enriching the visualisation of developmental works in Gram Panchayats.