Green Freight Corridor-2:
Ministry of Shipping launched the maiden voyage under Green Freight Corridor-2 on June 30, 2021.
- Green Freight Corridor-2 is a coastal shipping service.
- Voyage was launched from Cochin port to Beypore and Azhikkal ports located in north Kerala.
- First voyage service was launched in line with ministry’s plans to improve connectivity and synergies between major & non-major ports by promoting coastal trading.
- This step is also aiming to
- Create intermodal & sustainable customer solutions,
- Improve use of waterways,
- Cut road & rail traffic and
- Cut logistical expenditures.