Dedicated Freight Corridor:
The Indian Army has successfully conducted trial runs of military trains loaded with vehicles and equipment on the dedicated freight corridor.
- It ferried heavy equipment from New Rewari station in Haryana to New Phulera in Rajasthan.
Dedicated Freight Corridor
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India is constructing the Western DFC (1506 Route km) and Eastern DFC (1875 route km including Sonnagar-Dankuni PPP Section).
- The EDFC starting from Sahnewal near Ludhiana (Punjab) will pass through the states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Jharkhand to terminate at Dankuni in West Bengal.
- The Western Corridor connecting Dadri in Uttar Pradesh to Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) in Mumbai will traverse through the states of UP, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Maharashtra of WDFC.
- The following two (2) sections of DFC have been commissioned and dedicated to the nation by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India:-
- Bhaupur to Khurja (351 km) of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) on January 29, 2020.
- Rewari to Madar (306 km) of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) on January 7, 2021.