Gujarat Declaration : WHO
World Health Organization (WHO) has released the outcome document of the first WHO Traditional Medicine Global Summit 2023 in the form of the “Gujarat Declaration”.
- India hosted the first WHO Global Traditional Medicine Centre in Gujarat.
- The declaration reaffirmed global commitments towards indigenous knowledge, biodiversity and traditional, complementary and integrative medicine.
- The Gujarat Declaration aims to advance evidence-based traditional medicine interventions for universal health coverage and health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- It calls for standardized documentation and data collection on traditional medicine.
- The summit explored the role of digital health technologies, including AI, in traditional medicine.