The Ministry of Education has signed an MoU with Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and All India Football Federation (AIFF) for the ‘Football4Schools’ initiative in India.
- The Football4Schools program is a step towards translating Prime Minister’s vision of making sports a way of life as well as creating well-rounded citizens.
- It aims to empower 25 million young boys and girls in India through sports-integrated learning.
- It espouses the spirit of National Education Policy (NEP), 2020.
- Empower learners (boys and girls) with valuable life skills and competencies.
- Empower and provide coach-educators with the training to deliver sport and life-skills activities.
- Build the capacity of stakeholders (Schools, Member Associations and public authorities) to deliver training in life skills through football.
- Strengthen the cooperation between governments and participating schools to enable partnerships, alliances and intersectoral collaboration.