The Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launched “ShramShakti”, a National Migration Support Portal at a program held at Panjim, Goa.
- It would effectively help in the smooth formulation of state and national level programs for migrant workers.
- The tribal migration repository, ShramShakti would be able successfully able to address the data gap and empower migrant workers who generally migrate in search of employment and income generation.
- The various data that will be recorded via Shram Shakti include demographic profile, livelihood options, skill mapping, and migration pattern.
- He also launched a tribal migration cell, a tribal museum at Goa, and “ShramSaathi”, a training manual for migrant workers.
- With this, Goa is going to be the first destination state of India to set up a dedicated migration cell to address diverse issues of migrant workers.