India-Bangladesh Commercial Railway Link:
Bangladesh and India started regular operation of freight trains through the restored Haldibari-Chilahati rail route after over 50 years, which will strengthen railway connectivity and bilateral trade between the two countries.
- The Haldibari-Chilahati rail link is one such route that was operational till 1965.
- Another rail link, between Agartala-Akhaura, is scheduled to open by the end of 2021.
- After the Partition in 1947, seven rail links were operational between India and Bangladesh (then East Pakistan) until 1965.
- Presently, there are Five rail links between Bangladesh and India that are operational.
- They are Petrapole (India)-Benapole (Bangladesh), Gede (India)-Darshana (Bangladesh), Singhabad (India)-Rohanpur (Bangladesh), Radhikapur (India)-Birol (Bangladesh), Haldibari (India)-Chilahati (Bangladesh).