India Justice Report 2022:
According to the India Justice Report (IJR) 2022 (3rd edition), the State of Karnataka emerged at the top among the 18 large and mid-sized States with populations of over one crore.
- The state of Tamil Nadu has secured the second position in the rankings, while Telangana has secured the third position.
- The State of Gujarat has got the fourth position and Andhra Pradesh is at slot five as per the report which was released on April 4 in New Delhi.
- On the other hand, the state of Uttar Pradesh has been ranked at 18, which is the lowest among the states considered in the report.
- This report is based on 24-month quantitative research.
- The IJR 2022, like the previous two, has tracked the performance of States in capacitating their Justice delivery structures to effectively deliver mandated services
- The IJR report aims to provide a comprehensive assessment of the state of justice delivery in India and to identify areas where improvement is needed.
- The report is based on extensive data analysis and is designed to be a tool for policymakers, researchers, and other stakeholders to identify areas where reform is needed to improve justice delivery in India.
- This report is based on overall data of 4 pillars of justice delivery namely Police, Judiciary, Prisons, and Legal Aid.
- The India Justice Report (IJR) was initiated by Tata Trusts in 2019, and this is the third edition