India’s First CNG Tractor:
India is going to launch its first-ever diesel tractor that has been converted to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) on February 12, 2021.
- The CNG Tractor will be formally launched by Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways.
- The conversion of the Diesel tractor into the CNG tractor was carried out jointly by Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India.
- The conversion of diesel to CNG will help the farmers to increase their income.
- It will lower the costs and help to create job opportunities for the people living in rural India.
- The CNG tractor will also help the farmer to save more than one lakh rupees on the costs of fuel annually.
- This in turn will help the farmers to improve their livelihood.
Benefits of converting a tractor to CNG:
- The benefits of converting the tractor to CNG with respect to farmers are:
- This retrofitted CNG tractor produces more power or equal when compared to the diesel-run engine.
- The CNG tractor will reduce the overall emissions by 70 percent as compared to the emission by the diesel tractors.
- CNG tractors would also help farmers to save up to 50 percent of the fuel cost.