India’s First CNG Tractor:
India is going to launch its first-ever diesel tractor that has been converted to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) on February 12, 2021.
- The CNG Tractor will be formally launched by Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways.
- The conversion of the Diesel tractor into the CNG tractor was carried out jointly by Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India.
- The conversion of diesel to CNG will help the farmers to increase their income.
- It will lower the costs and help to create job opportunities for the people living in rural India.
- The CNG tractor will also help the farmer to save more than one lakh rupees on the costs of fuel annually.
- This in turn will help the farmers to improve their livelihood.
Benefits of converting a tractor to CNG:
- The benefits of converting the tractor to CNG with respect to farmers are:
- This retrofitted CNG tractor produces more power or equal when compared to the diesel-run engine.
- The CNG tractor will reduce the overall emissions by 70 percent as compared to the emission by the diesel tractors.
- CNG tractors would also help farmers to save up to 50 percent of the fuel cost.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking