India’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (H2-ICE) Powered Truck:
Ashok Leyland unveil India’s first hydrogen-powered heavy-duty truck at India Energy Week
- The ICE in H2-ICE stands for Internal Combustion Engine.
- It was developed by Reliance in partnership with Ashok Leyland.
- The H2-ICE truck is the first of its kind in India to be powered by hydrogen.
- The cost of the production of the truck was high.
- However, the truck emits zero carbon
- It does not produce carbon emissions.
- It produces nitrogen oxides.
- Some countries ignore nitrogen oxides as pollutants if they are released in meagre amounts.
- The H2-ICE produces nitrogen oxides only if atmospheric hydrogen is used.
- India includes nitrogen oxides in its pollutant list.
- There are no sulphur oxides, carbon monoxide, particulate matter, or Hydro carbons emissions in H2-ICE.