Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2023:
The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2023 has been jointly awarded to Daniel Barenboim and Ali Abu Awwad for their efforts in bringing together the youth and peoples of Israel and the Arab World for a non-violent resolution of the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- Barenboim is an Argentine-born distinguished classical pianist, and Awwad is an eminent Palestinian peace activist who has been working for a peaceful resolution of the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development award has been conferred every year since 1986 by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust in honor of Indira Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of India.
- The award recognizes individuals or organizations for their exceptional contributions to international peace, disarmament, and development.
- The prize is awarded annually and is considered one of the highest honors in the field of peace and development.
- It consists of a monetary award of 25 lakh rupees along with a citation.
- The award is bestowed in three categories: peace, disarmament, and development.