Indira Gandhi Shahri Rozgar Guarantee Yojana:
The Rajasthan government has come up with the job description under its much-touted Indira Gandhi Shahri Rozgar Guarantee Yojana.
- Announcing the employment scheme for urban areas on the lines of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA for rural areas in his budget speech
- While MGNREGA assists people in rural areas, there is no such scheme for street vendors, as well as those working at dhabas and restaurants in urban areas.
- Under the scheme, 100 days of employment per year will be provided to families residing in urban areas.
- The ratio of cost of material to payment for labour work of “general nature” will be in the ratio of 25:75, while for special works, it will be 75:25.
- The focus is on providing as many jobs as possible.
- On the other hand, creation of assets will require a higher material component, hence under ‘special works’ the ratio is 75:25.
- All those aged between 18 and 60 years and residing within urban body limits are eligible for the scheme, and in special circumstances such as a pandemic or a calamity, migrant labourers may be included.