Indira Gandhi Shehari Rojgar Yojana:
The government of Rajasthan has launched the flagship scheme for Urban Employment, the Indira Gandhi Shehari Rojgar Yojana.
- Aim is To provide 100 days of employment to families in urban areas on the lines of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA).
- The government has allocated Rs 800 crore for the implementation of the scheme.
- Target Population: People in the 18 to 60 age group are eligible for the scheme.
- Employment Opportunities:
- Water Conservation: The renovation work at Khaniyon ki Baori comes under the water conservation works of the scheme.
- Convergence: People can be employed in other centre or state level schemes, already having a material component, and which require labour work.