INS Valsura Has Been Awarded The Prestigious President’s Colour:
The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Valsura has been awarded the prestigious President’s Colour by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- To mark this occasion, a guard of honour of 150-men was presented to the President and a ceremonial parade was held.
About President’s Colour Award:
- It is the highest award or honour that can be bestowed upon any of India’s military units.
- This award is also called ′Nishaan′ as it is an emblem that will be worn by the bestowed units’ officers on their left-hand sleeve of the uniform.
- This awards presentation acts as an acknowledgment of the receiving unit’s meritorious service.
- Although the practice of carrying the President’s Colour Award into battle has ceased, the custom of receiving, holding, and parading it is still practiced in the Armed Forces.
- This award can be bestowed on a military unit as a sign of recognition of exceptional service rendered to the country, both during war and peace.
About INS Valsura:
- In 1942 INS Valsura was established. It is one of Indian Navy’s premier training establishment.
- INS Valsura has been entrusted with the responsibility of training the sailors and officers who are part of the Indian Navy, and Coast Guard.
- Foreign countries having a friendly relationship with India are also trained here. Training is imparted on electronics, electrical, information technology, and weapon systems.