INSPIRE Awards 2022:
The 9th National Level Exhibition and Project Competition (NLEPC) for the INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge), has commenced.
- The INSPIRE Awards were presented to 60 Start-Ups and financial support was provided to 53,021 students.
- It touched an unparalleled level of inclusivity by representing ideas and innovations of 702 districts of the country (96%) including 123 out of 124 aspirational districts, with 51% representation from girls, 84% participation from schools located in rural areas of the country and 71% of the schools run by the State / UT Governments.
INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Award:
- It is aligned with the ‘Start-up India’ initiative and is being executed by DST (Department of Science and Technology) with National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of DST.
- Under this, the students are invited from all government or private schools throughout the country, irrespective of their educational boards (national and state).
- Financial support of Rs 10,000 each would be provided so that they could develop prototypes of the ideas which they submitted for the scheme.