Integrated Food Parks:
India will provide “appropriate land” for “food parks” across the country that will be built in collaboration with Israel, the United States and the United Arab Emirates.
- The plan for the “integrated food parks” was announced in a joint statement after the leaders of the I2U2 grouping — India, Israel, the UAE and the U.S. — held a summit recently.
- The leaders said they would bring in private capital for specific projects in the fields of water, energy, transportation, health, space and food security.
- S. and Israeli private sectors will be invited to lend their expertise and offer innovative solutions that contribute to the overall sustainability of the project.
- These investments will help maximise crop yields which, in turn, will help tackle food insecurity in South Asia and the Middle East. India will “facilitate farmers’ integration into the food parks.
- The food parks aimed at cutting down “food waste and spoilage” are a few of the collaborations that the four countries declared after the summit.
- The UAE will invest $2 billion in India to create the food parks.