International MSMEs Day:
International MSME Day is observed every year on 27th June all over the world to highlight the significance of MSMEs and how they play a crucial role in being the backbone of the country’s economy.
- Earlier, Ministry for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has launched the MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) Sustainable (ZED-Zero Defect Zero Effect) Certification Scheme.
- The United Nations (UN) designated 27th June as Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day through a resolution passed in the UN General Assembly in April 2017.
- In May 2017, a program titled ‘Enhancing National Capacities for Unleashing Full Potentials of MSMEs in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Developing Countries was launched.
- It has been funded by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Sub-Fund of the United Nations Peace and Development Fund.
- Theme for 2022:
- Resilience and Rebuilding: MSMEs for Sustainable Development.
- The theme mainly highlights that for the socio-economic development of a country Micro-Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises is a necessary component.
- World MSME Day 2022 recognizes the potential of MSMEs and their role in strengthening the economies globally.
- It also aims to raise public awareness regarding the contribution of MSMEs to global economic growth and sustainable development.