Uranium Deposit In Rajasthan:
Huge reserves of uranium was found at Rohil (Khandela Tehsil) in Sikar district, which is over 120 km from the state capital Jaipur.
- After Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan is the third state where uranium which is considered one of the rare minerals in the world — has been found.
- The largest producers of uranium in the world are Kazakhstan, Canada and Australia
- India imports uranium mostly from Kazakhstan and Canada
- The Rajasthan government has forayed into the field of uranium mining by issuing a letter of intent (LoI) to the Uranium Corporation of India.
- Uranium is mainly used for generating electricity and also for nuclear energy, medicines, defence equipment and photography
- Uranium is a silvery-white metallic chemical element. Uranium-235 (its isotope) is the only naturally occurring isotope, capable of sustaining nuclear fission.