Janaushadhi Diwas week : 1st March To 7th March 2022
Janaushadhi Diwas week to be observed from 1st March to 7th March 2022.
- Theme of 4th Janaushadhi Diwas: “Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi”
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI) is the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
- All the districts of the country have been covered under the scheme.
- Effective IT-enabled logistics and supply-chain systems for ensuring real-time distribution of medicines at all outlets have also been introduced.
- Product basket of PMBJP presently comprises 1,451 drugs and 240 surgical instruments.
- It is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- It seeks to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through special kendra’s known as Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- Initially launched in 2008, the scheme was rechristened in 2015.