Kanya Shiksha Pravesh Utsav:
Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) have brought back 1 lakh girls into the mainstream education system under the `Kanya Shiksha Pravesh Utsav’’.
- Kanya Shiksha Pravesh Utsav was launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD), in partnership with the Ministry of Education and UNICEF
- Objective is Enhancing enrolment and retention of girls between 11-14 years of age in school.
- The initiative intends to build on the existing schemes and programmes like Schemes for Adolescent Girls (SAG), BetiBachaoBetiPadhao (BBBP) and National Education Policy (NEP) to work on a comprehensive system for out-of-school girls.
- Now Ministry of Women and Child Development has decided to club together three programmes under a new scheme — Anganwadi services, poshan Abhiyan and scheme for adolescent girls — since all these had the same nutritional targets.”
- In the new scheme, a new category is created in which adolescent girls between 14 and 18 years are covered.