Legal Aid Clinic : NCW
In a move to make legal aid more accessible for women, the National Commission for Women (NCW) in collaboration with Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) has launched a legal aid clinic which will act as a single-window facility for resolving grievances of women by offering them free legal assistance.
- NCW is also planning to set up similar legal services clinics in other State Commissions for Women.
- Under the new legal aid clinic, counseling will be provided for walk-in complainants, women in distress will be given legal assistance, advice and information on various schemes of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA)/ DSLSA, assistance in mahila jansunwai, free legal aid, hearings in matrimonial cases and other complaints registered with the Commission will be provided among other services.
- Set up in 1992 under the National commission Act.
- It was established to review the constitutional and legal safeguards for women.
- It enjoys all the powers of a civil court.
- It table reports to the central government, every year and at such other times as the commission may deem fit, reports upon the working of those safeguards.