National SC-ST Hub Scheme : 1 Lakh Beneficiary Registrations
The Prime Minister praises National SC-ST Hub Scheme for crossing over 1 lakh beneficiary registrations.
- The National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) is under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- It has been set up to provide professional support to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Entrepreneurs to fulfil the obligations under the Central Government Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises Order 2012, adopt applicable business practices and leverage the Stand-Up India initiative.
- The key action areas of NSSH include vendor development, participation in public procurement, building a reliable database, mentoring and handholding support, policy advocacy with states, credit facilitation, capacity building, private affirmative action, technology upgradation, marketing support, and special subsidies under various schemes.
- Benefits of the Scheme:-
- To achieve the 4% Public Procurement target from SC-ST entrepreneurs
- Facilitating SC/ST Entrepreneurs to be part of vendor development programs and mentoring support.
- Collection, collation and dissemination of information regarding SC/ST enterprises and entrepreneurs
- Distribution of trade-specific tool kits to trained candidates