Millet International Initiative For Research And Awareness:
The Government of India is to launch Millet International Initiative for Research and Awareness.
- It is in line with the United Nations’ plans for the International Year of Millets, which is 2023.
- India brings in the concept of “SEED MONEY” in the initiative.
- Seed money, sometimes known as seed funding or seed capital, is a form of securities offering in which an investor invests capital in a startup company in exchange for an equity stake or convertible note stake in the company.
- Research activities on millet, and increasing their productivity will be focused on the initiative.
- Indian Institute of Millet Research located in Hyderabad will provide technical support to the initiative.
- Objectives of MIIRA:
- To coordinate the millet research programme
- To involve different countries and increase the skill set of the research activities
- To increase millet consumption in the world
- To increase investment in millet research