Mission SAGAR IX:
With the overarching aim of providing critical medical aid to Sri Lanka during the ongoing crisis, INS Gharial as part of Mission SAGAR IX reached Colombo.
- Mission SAGAR IX: INS Gharial reaches Colombo, delivers critical medical aid to Sri Lanka
- It delivered over 760 kgs of 107 types of critical lifesaving medicines.
- The shipment was received by Sri Lankan Health Minister Channa Jayasumana.
- In line with the Government’s vision of SAGAR – Security And Growth for All in the Region – the Indian Navy undertakes several deployments titled Mission SAGAR to assist friendly countries.
- Since May 2020, the Indian Navy has successfully concluded eight such missions, deploying ten ships to 18 Friendly Foreign Countries.