MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme:
Ministry for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has launched the MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) Sustainable (ZED-Zero Defect Zero Effect) Certification Scheme.
- This Scheme is an extensive drive to enable and facilitate MSMEs adopt ZED practices and motivate and incentivize them for ZED Certification while also encouraging them to become MSME Champions.
- MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification can be attained in Three Levels after registering and taking the ZED Pledge:
- Certification Level 1: BRONZE
- Certification Level 2: SILVER
- Certification Level 3: GOLD
- After taking the ZED Pledge, the MSME can apply for any Certification Level if it feels that it can fulfil the requirements mentioned in each level.
- The intent of taking a ZED Pledge is to take a “pre-commitment” or a solemn promise by MSMEs to uphold the values of Zero Defect Zero Effect in their practices and to urge them to move ahead on the journey of ZED.
- Under the Scheme, MSMEs get subsidy as per the following structure, on the cost of ZED certification:
- Micro Enterprises: 80%
- Small Enterprises: 60%
- Medium Enterprises: 50%
- A provision of up to Rs. 5 lakhs (per MSME) will be made available for handholding and consultancy support for MSMEs under ZED Certification for assisting them to move towards Zero Defect Zero Effect solutions.
- The MSMEs can also avail themselves of several other incentives offered for ZED Certification by States & UTs, Financial Institutions etc. and can also apply for free Certification under the MSME KAWACH (COVID-19 Support) initiative.
Zero Defect Zero Effect Scheme:
- Launched in 2016 by the Ministry of MSME, the scheme is an integrated and comprehensive certification system.
- The scheme accounts for productivity, quality, pollution mitigation, energy efficiency, financial status, human resource and technological depth including design and IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) in both products and processes.
- Its mission is to develop and implement the ‘ZED’ culture in India based on the principles of Zero Defect & Zero Effect.