Mount Semeru Volcano Eruption:
Mount Semeru volcano erupted recently triggering top alert status.
- It is located in Indonesia.
- It is one of the East Java Island’s tallest volcano.
- Semeru’s last major eruption was in December 2021.
- Semeru, also known as Mahameru, has erupted numerous times in the past 200 years.
- Indonesia is one of the most disaster-prone nations on earth.
- Pacific “Ring of Fire”: It is a horseshoe-shaped series of fault lines, and is prone to earthquakes and volcanic activity.
- With 142 volcanoes, Indonesia has the largest population globally living in close range to a volcano, including 8.6 million within 10km (6.2 miles)