National Endangered Species Day:
The National Endangered Species Day is observed across the globe annually on every third Friday.
- This year the day is being observed on 20th May 2022.
- The aim of this day is to generate awareness among the people of the planet about endangered species and the ways they can be protected.
- This year’s observance is the 16th National Endangered Species
- Those insects, animals, micro-organisms, and plants that are facing the risk of extinction are known as endangered species.
- These species can still be found across the planet but they might not survive for long if proper steps are not taken for their protection.
- Some endangered species are alligator, bald eagle, polar bear, snow leopards, grey wolf, Asiatic lion, etc.
- Theme:“Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration” is the theme for this year’s celebration of this day.