National Health Claim Exchange:
The National Health Authority (NHA) and the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) have joined hands to operationalize the National Health Claim Exchange (NHCX).
- National Health Claim Exchange (NHCX) is a digital health claims platform developed by the National Health Authority.
- It will serve as a gateway for exchanging claims-related information among various stakeholders in the healthcare and health insurance ecosystem.
- It is designed to be interoperable, machine-readable, auditable and verifiable, as well as help ensure the information exchanged is accurate and trustworthy.
National Health Authority (NHA):
- It is the apex body responsible for implementing Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY).
- It has been entrusted with the role of designing strategy, building technological infrastructure and implementation of “National Digital Health Mission” to create a National Digital Health Eco-system.
- It is the successor of the National Health Agency, which was functioning as a registered society. According to the Cabinet decision for full functional autonomy, the National Health Agency was reconstituted as the National Health Authority in January 2019.
- It is an attached office of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare with full functional autonomy.
- It is governed by a Governing Board chaired by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare.