One Nation One Anganwadi Program:
More than 57,000 migrant workers have registered for the special one nation one Anganwadi program on Poshan Tracker App.
- Poshan app will allow migrant workers to access nurseries at their respective locations by using the Poshan Tracker App on mobile phones.
- Poshan Tracker App: The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) has launched an application called Poshan Tracker.
- The Poshan Tracker management application provides a 360-degree view of the activities of the Anganwadi Centre.
- The app facilitates efficient service delivery by digitizing and automating the tasks performed by Anganwadi Workers.
- To support their work, smartphones procured through Government e-Market (GeM) have been provided to the workers.
- Additionally, a designated individual has been appointed in each state to offer technical support and resolve any issues related to downloading and using the new Poshan Tracker application.
- Migrant workers who have registered in their original state can visit the nearest Anganwadi in their current place of residence to access the schemes and services provided through the app.
- Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition was launched the Prime Minister on 8th March 2018 in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan.
- Objectives is to :
- Prevent and reduce Stunting in children (0- 6 years)
- Prevent and reduce under-nutrition (underweight prevalence) in children (0-6 years)
- Reduce the prevalence of anemia among young Children (6-59 months)
- Reduce the prevalence of anemia among Women and Adolescent Girls in the age group of 15-49 years
- Reduce Low Birth Weight (LBW).