The Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) has taken proactive steps to enhance the ease of living for Central Government pensioners through the widespread promotion of Digital Life Certificates (DLC), known as Jeevan Pramaan.
- Pensioners must submit DLC every November (with a provision for those aged 80 years and above in October) to ensure continuous pension disbursement.
- Initially, the submission of DLCs involved biometric methods. Subsequently, in collaboration with MeitY, the department introduced a pioneering Face Authentication technology system linked to the Aadhar database.
- This innovation enables pensioners to generate their Life Certificates via any Android-based smartphone. This reduces reliance on external biometric devices, rendering the process more accessible and affordable, especially for the broader population.
- To ensure the success of the campaign, detailed guidelines have been issued These guidelines include :
- Nodal officers nominated for the campaign.
- Awareness through banners, posters, and ATMs.
- Utilization of technology during doorstep banking and branch visits.
- Camps for easy submission, and home visits for bedridden pensioners.