One Nation One Fertiliser:
To bring about uniformity in fertiliser brands across the country, the government issued an order directing all companies to sell their products under a single brand name of ‘Bharat’.
- All fertiliser bags, whether containing urea or di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) or muriate of potash (MOP) or NPK will sport the brand name ‘Bharat Urea’, ‘Bharat DAP’, ‘Bharat MOP’ and ‘Bharat NPK’ irrespective of the company that manufacturers
- A single brand name and the logo of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janurvarak Pariyojana (PMBJP) will have to be displayed on the bag.
- The central government grants subsidies annually to the fertiliser companies und PMBJP
- The maximum retail price of urea is currently fixed by the government, which compensates companies for the higher cost of manufacturing or imports incurred by them.
- Companies cannot avail subsidy if they sell at MRPs higher than indicated by the government.
- Through the Fertiliser (Movement) Control Order, 1973 the government also decides where they can sell.