AI In Agriculture:
According to NITI Aayog, AI has the potential to add $1 trillion to India’s economy by 2035. And, as per some experts and academicians, a significant amount of this would be in the agriculture sector.
Application of the AI in agriculture:
- Efficient and cost-effective resource and yield management in the agricultural sector.
- Enable Smart Agriculture: It refers to the usage of technologies like the Internet of Things, sensors, location systems, robots and artificial intelligence on your farm.
- AI, cloud computing, satellite imagery, and advanced analytics, in combination, can create an ecosystem for smart agriculture.
- Prediction analysis: Will ensure the highest possible yields based on the seasonal forecast models.
- Address supply-demand mismatch in real-time.
- For example, a supply-demand engine or predictor that can map supply and demand can reduce this issue significantly.
- Precision farming by determining whether pesticides and weedicides should be used by detecting and targeting weeds in the identified buffer zone.
- This can lead to higher yields and reduced use of pesticides and weedicides.
- Extension services: AI-based natural language translation facilitates the issuance and spread of Agri-advisories, weather forecasts, and early warnings for droughts in multiple vernacular languages.