Poverty In India : Status
According to policy research working paper of World Bank, Poverty in India is 12.3 percentage points lower in 2019 as compared to 2011.
- The poverty headcount rate has declined from 22.5 percent in 2011 to 10.2 percent in 2019.
- Poverty reduction was higher in rural areas as compared to urban India.
- Rural poverty dropped by 14.7 percent while urban poverty declined by 7.9 percentage points during 2011 to 2019.
- Farmers with small landholding sizes have experienced higher income growth.
- Real incomes for farmers with the smallest landholdings have grown by 10 percent in annualized terms between the two survey rounds in 2013 and 2019 compared to a 2 percent growth for farmers with the largest landholding.