Smart India Hackathon:
The Prime Minister of India addressed the Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2022 via video conferencing.
- Smart India Hackathon (SIH) was started in the year 2017.
- Smart India Hackathon is a nationwide initiative to provide students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem-solving.
- SIH has been conducted every year since 2017 in two formats, SIH Software and SIH Hardware Editions for higher education students.
- The first four editions SIH2017, SIH2018, SIH2019 and SIH2020 proved to be extremely successful in promoting innovation out-of-the-box thinking in young minds, especially engineering students from across India.
- Smart India Hackathon is an initiative by the Ministry of Education, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Persistent Systems and Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovation Centre (i4C).
- Aim:It aims to inculcate the culture of product innovation, problem-solving and out-of-the-box thinking among students.