Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin):
According to the government data, 69% houses under PMAY in rural India are owned by women.
- Over 69% of houses constructed under the Prime Minister’s special housing scheme are either wholly or jointly owned by women in rural areas.
- As on September 29, 2022, a total of two crore houses had been constructed out of the 2.46 crore houses that were sanctioned.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) was launched by the Prime Minister in 2016 with the aim of constructing 2.95 crore houses.
- Beneficiaries are identified using parameters from Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data and verified by Gram Sabhas.
- Concerned Ministry: Ministry of Rural Development.