Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana:
The disbursal of small business loans under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) logged a record 30 per cent growth in the first half of the current fiscal ended September compared to the same period last year.
- It is a flagship scheme of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, launched on 8th April, 2015.
- It is a Financial Inclusion (FI) programme in the country based on three pillars – Banking the Unbanked, Securing the Unsecured and Funding the Unfunded.
Types of loans:
- Shishu – Covering loans up to Rs 50,000;
- Kishor – Covering loans above Rs 50,000 and up to Rs 5 lakh;
- Tarun – Covering loans above Rs 5 lakh and up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Any Indian Citizen who has a business plan for a non-farm sector income generating activities such as manufacturing, processing, trading or service sector.
- They can avail from all Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks and Cooperative Banks, Private Sector Banks, Foreign Banks, Micro Finance Institutions (MFI) and Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) up to Rs 10 lakhs Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Ltd. (MUDRA) loans under PMMY.