Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Visit To Greece:
During Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Greece, the two nations elevated their bilateral relationship to a “strategic partnership,” focusing on enhancing political, defence, and security cooperation.
- A strategic partnership is a long-term interaction between two countries based on political, economic, social and historical factors.
- This visit marked the first by an Indian Prime Minister in 40 years.
- Greece conferred the Grand Cross of the Order of Honour (Greece’s 2nd highest civilian honour) on Modi, making him the first foreign head of government to receive this honour.
- The two countries also aimed to double bilateral trade by 2030
- Early finalization of the Mobility and Migration Partnership Agreement (MMPA)to facilitate skilled migration between the two countries.
- They reaffirmed their commitment to a free and rules-based Indo-Pacific region and the Mediterranean Sea, advocating for international peace, stability, and security.