Tiranga Point And Shivshakti Point On Moon:
Prime Minister announced that the point where the Chandrayaan-2 lander left its footprint on the Moon would be known as “Tiranga Point”. The point where the Vikram lander touched down on the lunar surface would be named “Shiv Shakti”.
- Shivkshakti Point : on Moon is the location on the lunar South Pole where the ‘Vikram’ lander touched down
- “The ‘Shivkshakti’ point will encourage future generations to take up science seriously and use it for the welfare of people.
- To commemorate the success of the Chandrayaan-3 lander, Prime Minister Modi announced that the spot of the landing of the Vikram lander will be known as ‘Shivshakti’.
- The Prime Minister commended the Chandrayaan-3 mission’s accomplishments while paying a crucial visit to the ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) in Bengaluru.
- The designation of the Chandrayaan-3 moon lander landing location as the “Shiv Shakti Point” was one of the main attractions of this expedition.
- This name is not just symbolic; it also resonates with the depth of Indian philosophy and stands for resolve, strength, and the enormous connection that connects the Himalayas to Kanyakumari.