PUC (Pollution under Control) Certificate:
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways Notifies Common Format for Issuance of PUC (Pollution under Control) Certificate Across the Country, under Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
- Introduction of uniform Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) format across the country and linking the PUC database with the National Register.
- The concept of Rejection slip is being introduced for the first time. This document can be shown at the service centre for getting the vehicle serviced or can be used, in case the PUCC centre device is not working properly when tested at another centre.
- There will be confidentiality of information viz. (i) Vehicle owner’s mobile number, name and address (ii) engine number and the chassis number (only the last four digits to be visible, the other digits shall be masked)
- The owner’s mobile number has been made mandatory, on which an SMS alert will be sent for validation and fee.
- Enforcement would be IT-enabled and would help in better control over polluting vehicles.
- The QR code shall be printed on the form. It will contain complete information about the PUC Centre.